With the IIT JEE Advanced 2024 exam just around the corner, students across India are preparing for one of the country’s most challenging and competitive exams. This exam is the second phase of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) that students must pass to be eligible for admission into the IITs.
The IIT JEE Advanced exam comprises two papers, each of 3 hours duration, covering subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The exam also includes multiple-choice, numerical, and reasoning-based questions, providing students with a comprehensive evaluation of their aptitude in these critical areas.
IIT JEE Advance 2024 Application Form:
|Release of application forms
|30th April 2024
|Last date of fee submission
|5th May 2024
|Last date of form correction
|To be notified
|Release date of admit cards
|29th May 2024
|JEE Advanced exam dates
|4th June 2024
|JEE Advanced answer key release date
|18th June 2024
|JEE Advanced result date
|18th June 2024
IIT JEE Advanced 2024 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Performance in JEE Main: The candidate should have appeared in the JEE Main 2024 exam and secured a place among the top 2,50,000 successful candidates across all categories.
- Age Limit: The candidate should have been born on or after 1st October 1998. For candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD categories, the upper age limit is relaxed by five years, i.e., they should have been born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Number of Attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have passed Class 12th or an equivalent examination in 2021 or 2022 or should be appearing for the same in 2024.
- Minimum Percentage: The candidate should have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class 12th (or equivalent) examination. For candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD categories, the minimum percentage requirement is relaxed to 65%.
- Category Certificate: Candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD categories should have a valid category certificate issued by a competent authority.
These are the eligibility criteria for the IIT JEE Advanced 2024 exam. Candidates need to satisfy all the criteria before applying for the exam.
IIT JEE Advanced 2024 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The IIT JEE Advanced 2024 exam will be conducted in computer-based test (CBT) mode.
- Papers: The exam comprises two papers, each of which is of 3 hours duration. Both papers are mandatory.
- Language: The question paper will be in English and Hindi languages.
- Sections: Each paper will have three separate sections, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Types of Questions: Both papers will consist of objective-type questions (MCQs), numerical answer-type questions, and comprehension-based questions.
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme for each paper may vary slightly, but in general, the objective-type questions will carry negative marks for incorrect answers, and the numerical answer-type questions will not have negative markings.
- Total Marks: The total marks for each paper will be 180 marks.
- Syllabus: The exam syllabus will cover topics from Class 11th and 12th of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Additional Information: The exam conducting authority may introduce some changes in the exam pattern, marking scheme, or syllabus from time to time.
These are the key features of the IIT JEE Advanced 2024 exam pattern. Candidates must understand the exam pattern and prepare accordingly to excel in the exam.