As it is known, the personal essay is a short paper of autobiographical nature that is characterized by a conversational manner. A well-written essay about personal experience can excite and inspire readers. However, some texts leave the reader in doubt and reflection, raise many more questions than answers. Thus, a person who wishes to write a worthwhile personal essay for college classes needs to understand the basic structural features of such a text and think about potential ideas in order to approach the matter consciously. However, do not forget that you can always turn to specialists with a request “Please write my essay as best as possible because I need an excellent paper” and get the work done at the highest level.
And now it is important to answer the question “How to write a good personal essay?”
Beginning of Writing an Essay
First of all, we list the starting points:
- Choose an interesting point of view. The unusual look at the most ordinary things will help to write a captivating text. Try to find an original or curious angle from which it is interesting to consider your personal experience or life event. An unusual point of view allows you to give depth and significance even to everyday situations;
- Characterize the momentous event. A personal essay usually examines a certain event that generated a specific conflict. The text allows you to see why such an experience excited you. Thus, you should imagine the essay as a great opportunity to analyze an important event of your life;
- Analyze the situation that caused an emotional reaction. You can also explore a specific event that made a lasting impression on you. Often, in a personal essay, a writer reflects on an event in life that led to change. Describe an unusual, deeply personal situation. Readers are attracted to non-trivial events and incidents;
- Describe the person with whom you have a rather complicated relationship. Analyze the reasons why it was difficult for you to communicate;
- Describe the reaction to current events. A good personal essay can be based on a particular one, such as personal experience or a general one — current events and global problems. Pay attention to current events or a topic that interests you. Present your view of the situation;
- Review the structure. The essay usually consists of sections such as introduction, the main part, and conclusions. Each section has its own features. Thus, for example, the introductory part combines the first lines that should attract the attention of the reader. The main part contains the facts confirming the thesis statement and the general ideas of your essay. The final part contains conclusions that are based on an analysis of the considered situations.
Text Work for Essay
And now we will reveal the features of working on the text:
- Come up with an exciting beginning. The introductory part of an essay should immediately attract the attention of the reader. Already at the very beginning, it is necessary to introduce the main characters and the main theme of the essay. You can also ask a central question or voice concerns here;
- Use a unique style or look at the problem. In a personal essay, the author is free to use an unusual literary style or point of view. The choice of words, syntax, tone of narration — all this allows you to create a captivating author’s style;
- Create multifaceted characters. Always use external and internal details. Despite the fact that the essay is based on real events, do not forget about such elements of the narrative as the plot and characters. They will help maintain the reader’s enduring interest and coherently express thoughts;
- Use the plot. The structure of the essay should be subjected to the logic of the plot, in which the course of events allows you to realize an important idea or leads to a conflict situation;
- Strive to discover the hidden truth. View your experience through the prism of sincerity and curiosity in order to discover hidden meaning in it.
Finishing Touches to your Essay Writing
And now there are only the final points:
- Use various artistic means and figures of speech. Experiment with different literary techniques to enrich the text of an essay. Use metaphors, repetitions, or personifications. This will enrich your paper;
- Read the draft variant of an essay aloud. Read your personal essay out loud, this will allow you to notice its shortcomings. Read for yourself or seek help from a close friend;
- Write a great personal essay. Start making changes. Do not forget to take into account all the shortcomings identified during the reading out loud, as well as the reviews of a close friend.
Therefore, use our recommendations when writing a personal essay for college classes and you will definitely succeed in writing a stellar paper.