We need to Monitor Student’s Mental health, about the term(mental health) which people usually don’t talk about just considered in a negative sense but it comprises the emotional, psychological, and social well-being of a person, which includes how we behave in an adverse situation, handle trauma, stress, and make healthy decisions.
Mental health is as important as food for a living, from childhood to adolescence through adulthood it plays an indispensable part.
Mental health is wrongly interpreted with mental illness as a person with poor mental health need not be having any mental illness. According to WHO, Mental health is more than the absence of mental disorders, there is no health without mental health. Many initiatives are taken in this regard by WHO. In 2019, WHO initiated the WHO Special Initiative for Mental Health (2019-2023): Universal Health Coverage for Mental Health in 12 priority countries around 100 million people to ensure access to quality and affordable care for mental health conditions.
Is there any need to monitor mental health?
Yes, due to changing lifestyle and unhealthy food habits, students are not able to maintain their mental health, because they are already juggling with many kinds of stuff like studies, social pressure, relationships, responsibilities so maintaining a disciplined life is quite tough for students as they have lot of other things to manage apart from studies sometimes not making up to the mark leads to anxiety and depression. As we can see students having short temperaments are increasing at a higher pace in society.
KEYS TO Monitor Student’s MENTAL HEALTH
TIPS FOR PARENTS:
- Parent’s relationship with their children plays an important role as the deeper the relation more deeps will be the conversation.
- Parents have to gain the trust of their child from the beginning to remove their child’s hesitation.
- Parents should listen to their children when they are anxious or scared.
- Have a good check on their sleeping, eating habits, and mood swings.
- Give them space to connect with other people as well, especially with their friends.
- Help them cope with the uncertainty of upcoming events, like exams, sports, school activities, etc
- Teach them stress management, like relieving their stress by engaging in other activities such as writing, playing their favorite game, reading new things, visiting a new place, etc.
- Teach your children to maintain healthy habits like exercise, a healthy diet, sound sleep to keep their minds healthy.
- If situations are not in your control, get a talk with a counselor which is highly recommended.
- Make meditation a regular part of their daily routine this will help them in combatting many issues
- Reading some books can help your child to bring a positive attitude towards life and hope to live life in a better way, some of the books which can help are as follows:
- The power of the subconscious mind
- Atomic habits
- Dear Stranger, I know How you feel
- The secret
- How to change things when change is hard
The website that parents need to check to get authentic knowledge regarding mental health.
Last but not the least, it is important to teach them self-love and self-care, they need to prioritize taking enough time for themselves to know, to grow, and to heal.