Looking for all in one CAT Exam 2017 dates, syllabus, exam pattern and eligibility criteria, then you dropped to the right place, as here we’ll provide you all the information under a single post. The Common Admission Test CAT is a competitive entrance examination which is conducted at a national level. For any MBA aspirant the first priority is to crack the Common Admission Test or CAT. The competitive entrance examination is conducted by all the Indian Institutes of Managements in a rotational basis. It is the most dynamic examination whose pattern changes every year and depending on the discretion of the test conducting institutions. The scores of the CAT Exam 2017 will not only be accepted by all the 20 IIMs, but also by over 100s of other Business Schools.
There are a total of 4000 seats which are offered by the IIMs each year. CAT is considered the largest national level entrance exam for MBA which is taken by around 2 Lakhs students every year.
CAT Exam Pattern 2017 & Syllabus
CAT Exam Pattern 2017 is going to be computer based examination which has 100 multiple choice questions carrying negative markings. The duration of the examination is 3 hours. There are three sections which the students will face in the examination which are:
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension section which contains 24 MCQ questions and 10 non MCQ questions. Time allotted to the section is 6o minutes.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning which consists of 24 MCQ questions and 8 non MCQ questions with 60 minutes allotted time.
- Quantitative Ability has 27 MCQ questions and 7 non MCQ questions. The quants section is allotted a 60 minutes time.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT Exam 2017:
The eligibility criteria for appearing CAT has been uniform over the years.
- The candidates must have passed and obtained a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in any Discipline.
- The minimum percentage or CGPA in Under graduation program must be a minimum of 50% for general category students and 45% for reserved category students.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible for appearing the CAT 2017, provided they fulfill the cut off and different other factors within the predetermined time provided by the IIMs.
Other Government institutes and IIM follow the reservation criteria of the aspirants. The category wise reservation percentage is given below:
- ST – 7.5%.
- SC – 15%.
- PWD – 3%.
- OBC – 27%.
Important Dates for CAT 2017:
The timeline for CAT remains uniform every year. The following mentions the important dates for CAT 2017 which is based on tentative Timelines.
- CAT 2017 Notification- 4th Sunday of July.
- CAT 2017 application commencement– 1st week of August.
- CAT 2017 Admit card- 3rd week of October.
- CAT 2017 Exam– First Sunday of December.
- CAT 2017 Result- First week of January.
These are all the detailed shared by the experts for the candidates appearing for the CAT Exam 2017 . Get Important dates for CAT Exam 2017 and also cover various other aspects regarding the exam here only.